Easy Baked Cajun Chicken
I don't remember where I got this. This is a really quick, tasty recipe, though.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix thyme, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, onion powder, black pepper, and bread crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, beat one egg.
- Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with a nonstick coating.
- Dip chicken breasts in beaten egg and then in bread crumb/seasoning mixture to coat.
- Arrange in baking dish leaving a small gap between each chicken breast.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 25-30 minutes, turning once (optional - I never do).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
An instant family favorite, paired with Recipe#482707 for Menu#288459. I didn't change the seasonings, and it was spicy enough for us! Because we had giant chicken breasts, I cut them in half horizontally to create 2 fillets from each breast. This was SO EASY! This goes into my Best of 2014 because, although it is not fancy, we will have this often. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.Reply
see 8 more