Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Chicken Pasta
photo by Tisme
- Ready In:
- 450 g chicken, chopped into pieces
- 350 g fusilli, spiral pasta
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto (I do quite generous ones)
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 180 ml double cream
- 100 ml light cream
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed parmesan cheese
- parmesan cheese, extra to sprinkle over pasta
- finely chopped parsley, for garnish if desired (optional)
- Bring some water to the boil, add a little olive oil, add pasta cook until just tender. (al dente).
- In a large fry pan heat a little olive oil, add chicken cook to brown, add onion and garlic cook until onion softens.
- Add wine, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and mustard stir to combine.
- Add creams and cheese, bring to the boil, turn down heat, stir to melt cheese, add cooked pasta stir until heated through.
- To Serve: Place spoonfuls of pasta in bowls, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was excellent but I did have a slight change in one ingredient. I had some leftover basil pesto in the fridge so used that in place of the sun-dried pesto and then added a few additional sun-dried tomatoes. This is also very good made with Italian Sausage or a sausage & chicken combo. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
What can I say...so easy, and so delicious. I doubled and used the leftovers for school/work lunches next day, and as the weather was so hot everybody ate it as a cold salad type pasta, and loved it just as much cold! Wonderful flavours and just such an all round easy recipe. DH always makes a comment whatever I make, when I make a recipe he thinks it always needs some sort of nuts in it... but last night he said "you know what this doesnt need"???? Yes his answer was nuts, he raved about this recipe he thought it was just right, something I do not hear a lot!!! lol This is a great recipe I will be using quite often. Thanks Flying Chef.
see 2 more reviews
Oh yes, fabulous, rich and full of flavour, I loved this! I decided to use shrimp instead of the chicken, and tortellini as my pasta of choice, so I cooked the shrimp gently in the sauce - well, otherwise, just as directed! So easy, and sumptuous, I'll be adding this to my Favouites! Thanks, Flying Chef, for a marvellous meal!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>