Baked Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, with or without skin
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons oil, from jar of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500*F.
- Line a 13x9" baking pan with foil; arrange chicken in the pan.
- Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, 2 Tbsp.
- of the oil, basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and pepper in a food processor; whirl until smooth.
- Spread about half (around 1/4 cup) of the pesto over the chicken.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes, or until juices run clear; remove pan from oven.
- Heat the broiler.
- Spread the remaining pesto over the chicken; broil 6" from heat for 3-5 minutes, or until browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The dish was o.k. The pesto kept the chicken moist during baking, but the texture (of the pesto) was kind of grainy. I also didn't see the need to place the chicken under the broiler at the end, since the pesto was browned when I took the chicken out of the oven. Another layer of pesto would have been too much.