Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Cream soup mix that can easily be made dairy-free. Good to eat on its own, or to put in your favorite recipe calling for cream soup.
- 1 cup non-fat powdered milk (or replace with soy milk powder for a dairy free option.)
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine mix ingredients.
- To make soup- add 2 c water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP-Add sliced mushrooms.
- Can also be mixed up to use in recipes that call for cream soup.
I have not tried this recipe. My copy of this recipe I got from Pinching Your Pennies. It says to use Mix 1 14 c. cold water with 1/3 c. mix. The rest is the same. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)
I've taken this camping with us a couple of times using as soup. Two other times I ended up reducing the amount of water and making more of a gravy with it and put it over meatballs, rice and even potatoes. Worked great, and much lighter than a can. I'm making a batch this week to take with us to Yellowstone. Thanks for the great find.
This is great! I needed a quick mix for a soup for a casserole and this really came in handy. I will be keeping this in my cookbook. Thanks for sharing the recipe.