Condensed Cream of Soup Mix ( Homemade / Substitute / Clone )
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net-no name was attached.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules or 1/4 cup beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and mix well with a wire whisk.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To make soup stir together 1/3 cup of the dry mix and 1& 1/4 cup water in a saucepan.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- You can add 1 can of diced cooked chicken or turkey, frozen broccoli, or dried tomato powder or paste-- whatever you can think of.
- You can boil dried mushrooms in the water called for for a cream of mushroom soup.
- This mixture will make a total of 9 cans of condensed soup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good. I made little shrimp pot pies with this, which I haven't made in years because I don't like to make recipes that include canned soup. I left out the chicken bouillon granules and just put in a bit of Better Than Bouillon when I mixed up my pie filling. Worked like a charm. This has opened up a whole bunch of possibilities to me that weren't doable before. Thanks a mil.Reply
I made this tonight to use in another recipe. Worked like a charm! I think I added an extra cup of water (I made a double batch - needed 2 cans) so it didn't thicken as much as I expected. Still worked great in the recipe I needed it for! Next time I will try to measure without distractions to see if that was the cause, or if I just didn't simmer long enough. Thanks for posting this!Reply
see 3 more