Recipe by MizzNezz
These are really a cinch to make, they make a nice addition to a holiday meal.
Top Review by Ralphice
Very easy to make. The prep time and cooking time are right on. These were exactly what I was looking for. They are light and fluffy although they were better on the day they are made as opposed to the next day. They seemed heavier and, of course, not crunchy on the top. I did not heat them again so maybe that would help on day 2....the only change I made was to use all currants instead of the cranberry/raisin mix. Will definitely make again.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter until fine crumbs; food processor is best.
- Place in large bowl; add cranberries and raisins.
- Beat milk and egg with a fork.
- Add milk and egg mixture to flour mixture; stir with fork until moistened.
- Drop by 12 heaping spoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 13 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on rack.