Recipe by Missy Wombat
From Sue Ruchel's book "Windfalls". This recipe is her Gran's secret recipe and you can't really taste the pumpkin. The yield is a guestimate.
Top Review by awalde
We got a pot of this jam from form JustJanS as we visited her and we continued our trip travelling with a campervan.
We loved this jam in the morning with toasted bread and especially with pancakes!
Thanks a lot to Jan again and to you for this recipe.
- 225 g dried apricots, cut into pieces
- 700 ml water
- 450 g pumpkin
- 8 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 kg sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the apricots overnight in 500 ml of water.
- The next day, peel the pumpkin into small chunks and cook gently in the rest of the water and lemon juice.
- Pour in the soaked apricots and water and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and bring to the boil again, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bottle and seal.