Blushing Peach Jam
photo by Strawberries and Ro
- Ready In:
7 half pints
- 2 cups crushed peaches
- 2 cups red raspberries, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 7 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces liquid pectin
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- To peeled, pitted, and crushed peaches add 2 T.lemon juice.
- Let stand while preparing raspberries.
- Crush raspberries and add remaining 2 T. lemon juice.
- Combine peaches and raspberries with sugar in a heavy kettle.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add pectin.
- Stir well and skim off foam.
- Add the almond extract and stir well again.
- Pour into clean, hot, sterile jars.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet sea level.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The flavour combination is delicious and the colour is so pretty... this will go on my annual list of must-do's. I changed the recipe to accomodate the fact that all i had was powdered pectin. I prepared the fruit with lemon juice as directed, then combined it with the pectin in a soup pot and brought to a boil. Then I added the sugar (I cut it down to 6 cups), brought to a boil and held at a hard boil for one minute. I was very careful to skim and stir for a good 5-minute cooldown period before jarring it ("To Prevent Floating Fruit"). It's a soft set, which is just how i like my jam. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.
see 15 more reviews