Recipe by love4culinary
Betcha cant eat just one!!!
Top Review by Rita~
I topped these with cinnamon and sugar before baking.I would next time add chopped fruit like peaches.I made this in the food processor. By first grating the carrots with the grating blade. Then using the metal blade pulsing all the liquid ingredients adding the carrots.Then add all the mixed dry ingredients and pulsed a couple of times.Very easy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (can use regular AP flour)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon soft silken tofu (placed in liquid measuring cup)
- 3 tablespoons milk, to fill measuring cup w/tofu to 1/4 cup
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot, firmly packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line muffin tin with 12 muffin cups.
- "lightly"measure flour and level off; combine flour, sugar, bk powder, salt and cinn.
- In a medium bowl combine milk (measured with silken tofu to make 1/4 cup), butter and eggs.
- Stir ricotta cheese and grated carrots into milk mixture & beat well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in the large bowl. Stir just until moist. Batter will be VERY stiff -- do not worry!
- Fill cups 2/3 full (they'll be pretty full!).
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove immediately to wire racks to cool.