Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This one's a potluck pleaser! One bite and you'll be going back for more! This broccoli salad combines a satisfying crunch with delicious flavor. Bacon bits may be substituted for the bacon, or even bac'n bits if you want to make it vegetarian.
- 2 bunches broccoli, top and stems
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts or 3⁄4 cup salted peanuts
- Wash and cut broccoli into small pieces. If heavy stems are used, peel stem and cut inner part into small pieces.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar, and mix well, then add to broccoli.
- Mix in bacon.
- Add peanuts last.
I halved the recipe, used veggie bacon and enjoyed this alot! Thanks! Made for Zaar Cookbook tag in the game room. :)
I just made this yesterday, but vegganized it a bit. I used veggannaise, seasoned rice vinegar (my favorite vinegar), organic golden raisens, smart bacon and about 3 packets of raw sugar (to taste). Came out awesome. I used it as a sandwich filler in a pita.
I made this recipe yesterday and it was exactly what I was looking for! I am a huge fan of a broccoli salad at a local salad bar-style restaurant and this salad tastes exactly like my favorite broccoli salad from that restaurant. It has a lot of different flavors and textures. No particular ingredient overpowers the rest of the salad. Absolutely delicious (and since it is served cold, it is great for summer!).