Jackie's Famous Broccoli Salad
photo by DailyInspiration
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 head broccoli, washed and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon, fried and broken up
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 -3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1 -3 tablespoon sugar (to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Wash broccoli and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Thinly slice red onion.
- Fry bacon until crisp and break into pieces.
- Shred cheddar cheese.
- In medium size bowl mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Add sugar to your taste preference.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love broccoli, it's my favorite veg, and this is a wonderful way to eat it. The leftover from last night is going to be my dinner tonight all by it's self. It really doesn't need another thing on the plate. I did use just half the ask for amount of Worcestershire sauce and that was good for me and I omitted all sugar as I find raisins to be very sweet little bits in themselves. All in all a real keeper. :D