I love clotted cream from England, but it's hard to get here in the US. I found this recipe in a book from the Stars Restaurant, and it comes as close as anything I've tried to real clotted cream. This is a great (IMO, essential) spread for scones and muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put all the ingredients in a stainless steel bowl and whisk until the cream holds its shape.
- 2Refrigerate the cream until ready to use.
- 3Double cream should be used within an hour after it is made.
- 4If you wait longer, you will need to re-whip it slightly.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Cream
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.2
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 146.8 mg
- Sodium 102.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: