Recipe by Baby Kato
This big cheesecake is so easy to make and it tastes so good...you won't believe that you baked it...I dare you...try it...you'll like it...
Top Review by Bevoca
Cooked it for a dinner party and it was a hit to the point a couple guests wanted the recipe. Being health conscious, I substituted lite cream cheese and sour cream and it worked a treat.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (or favourite cookie crumbs)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling, divided
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 1⁄3 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (plus)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rack in lower third of oven.
- Grease a 9" springform pan.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Press all the crumb mixture onto bottom of springform pan and half way up the sides of the pan-- evenly-- Bake in 350 oven for 8- 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and allow to cool.
- Drain 1 can of cheeries and set aside.
- Increase heat to 500 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese on medium speed for 5 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- Reduce speed and gradually add sugar.
- Next add flour and vanilla mix well.
- Reduce speed again for eggs and egg yolks, beating in one at a time until well combined.
- Add sour cream, then beat batter for 1 minute more.
- Spread drained cheeries over bottom of graham cracker crust.
- Pour cake batter over the cherries.
- Bake cake for 10- 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 200 degrees and bake cake for 1 1/2 hours longer, or until cake sets and center jiggles slightly when shaken.
- (If cake is browning too quickly for your liking cover loosely with foil).
- Turn off the oven, leave cake in oven for 20 minutes longer-- do not open oven door-- Cool cheesecake on rack for 30 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of cake to loosen.
- Refrigerate, at least 4 hours or better yet overnight.
- Remove side from pan, and put cake on platter, serve with the remaining can of cheeries pour over top of cake and enjoy.