Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 20hrs 20mins
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope gelatin, unflavored
- 1⁄4 cup water, cold
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- For Crust: Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and melted butter or margarine; press onto bottom of 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake at 350: F. for 10 minutes.
- NOTE: You can also use a ready made chocolate wafer crust. For Cheesecake; Soften gelatin in water; stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, cocoa and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Gradually add gelatin, mixing until blended.
- Fold in remaining ingredients; pour over crust. Chill until firm.
- Pour cherry pie filling over top of cheesecake. Cut and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!