Apple Streusel Cheesecake
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
1 9inch sprinfgform pan
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 apples
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lemon juice, & rind
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Heat oven to 350.
- For the crust: Cream butter& sugar thoroughly, blend in flour.
- Press onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- For the filling: Peel, core& halve the apples.
- Cut into 1/3 inch thick slices.
- In frypan,melt sugar with butter over medium heat,cook apples for 3-5 minutes or just until tender (and lightly browned) but not mushy.
- Add cream and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese with brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until just blended.
- Beat in sour cream,lemon rind& juice.
- Using a slotted spoon arrange apples over crust,cover with cheese mixture.
- For topping: Mix the ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 45 minutes or until centre is just set.
- Cool thoroughly at room temp.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was going to post this recipe but you beat me to it. This is simply one of the best cheesecakes I have ever made. It's like an apple crisp and cheesecake all in one. I made it for Christmas last year and it didn't last long. I find it quite addictive, I kept eating little pieces all thru the night.
Awesome. I made this as written and would agree with another reviewer that a whole lemon is too lemony- Next time will use 1/2, or just juice without zest. Blended well though and was yummy. Looks very fancy and is not hard to make- even made 1/4 more of everything to fit my 10" pan. Thanks for posting this!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
About me....well...let's see,right now I am a married, stay-at-home Mom to two beautiful children, a 10 year old daughter and a 7 year old son....they are the "lights" of my life, which I think I pretty much spent waiting for them! I feel so very lucky (and truly blessed) to be their "Mommy". I don't know that I have a fave cookbook, (and I have rarely opened one of the many I have, since finding Zaar.) I just LOVE recipes and have been "acquiring" them since I was a teenager! Actually I think I bought my first cookbook in like grade two or three, a cookie recipe book from one of those scholastic book orders!