Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You really need a candy thermometer for this recipe.
Make and share this Divinity Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- Combine corn syrup, water, salt and sugar.
- Cook to 234°F.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and pour 1/2 the syrup into them slowly, beating as you pour.
- Cook the remaining syrup to 280°F then add it to the white mixture the same way as before.
- Add vanilla and nuts.
- Continue beating until mixture is thick enough to hold its shape when dropped by a spoon.
- Pour into a buttered 9x9-inch pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.
I loved it. My hubby and I made it together. It turned out perfect. The candy themometer is a must!
This is Tish's husband. I have grown up with divinity fudge. My grandmother used to make it every year for Christmas and it was always worth waiting for. I could eat half the batch myself!
This recipe is exactly the same as hers. It turns out light and fluffy, not chalky and grainy. If you're a divinity fan this is the right recipe Thanks!!!
This is the same recipe my grandmother used except she used 1 cup chopped pecans instead of the walnuts. It's a must have at Christmas at our house! VERY SWEET!