Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick and easy, but delish. This comes from my Almost Homemade Cookbook.
Make and share this Dill and Sour Cream Bread (Biscuit Mix) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups biscuit mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir just until moistened, pour into a well greased 9"x5" loan pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minute until golden.
- Let cool in pan 5 min., remove and cool completely on a wire rack for 2 hours before slicing.
- Store tightly wrapped, stores well in fridge for up to 10 days.
This was so easy to throw together. Loved the cheese in it, but didn't taste a lot of dill. I think I've had my dried dill for quite a while, so the flavor probably would have come through better with newer stuff. (I'll have to buy some next time I'm shopping!) Regardless, this bread was delicious. I could definitely see serving this along side of a nice bowl of soup. Thanks so much for posting! I really enjoyed it. Made for Photo Tag.
This bread was so very good! I made as directed except I added about a tablespoon of dried choppped chives and everyone loved it! I am definitely keeping this in my cookbook to make many more times! Thank you for a good, quick recipe!