- Ready In:
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Store and label.
- Keep in cool, dark place.
- Will keep 2-3 months.
- Chop butter into dry ingredients until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Beat egg with water.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead 5-6 times.
- Roll 1/2 inch thick and cut into two 5 inch diameter circles.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400°F for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Super easy and super good! I've been looking for a recipe that uses butter instead of shortening. This is now the house biscuit recipe! Like the other 2 chefs commenting, I used a blend of all-purpose flour and whole wheat pastry flour, a cup and a half of each. The biscuits are beautiful, nicely textured and yummy. Thanks for such a good recipe!