Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
an interesting twist to scalloped potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 0.75 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3 medium potatoes)
- 3 cups crushed crackers (Ritz are best)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons parsley, fresh and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium high.
- Add onion, cook til tender 5-7 mins, stirring often.
- Add cream cheese, broth and mustard.
- Mix well.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Toss potatoes with cream cheese mixture and spoon into prepared pan.
- Combine crackers, parmesan cheese, butter and parsley.
- Sprinkle evenly over potatoes.
- Bake 50 mins to 1 hour til potatoes are tender.
- Let stand 5 mins before serving.