Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry, white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped gingerroot or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Trim fat from beef steak; cut beef into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Place beef in glass or plastic bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over beef.
- Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, at least 1 hour.
- Thread 6 beef cubes on each of 5 skewers; brush with marinade.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Broil kabobs with tops about 4 inches from heat 5 to 6 minutes; turn.
- Brush with marinade; broil until done, 5 to 6 minutes longer.
- Brush with marinade.
this was really good... I followed recipe exactly except replaced 1/2 soy sauce with terriyaki sauce.. I fix meals for one so I froze most of it and had some the next day... It was still REALLY good. Next time i think I will try thin slices instead of cubes.. and there will be a next time... Ohh one more thing.... on other skewers I threaded vegetables and brushed with the marinade and broiled as well.
I made this yesterday for my father who is diabetic and he really liked it a lot. I thought the flavor was nice. I cut the sirloin in strips, used the sherry and some scallion oil instead of the vegetable oil, and Splenda. I've never cooked with Splenda before as I'm not a big fan, so that was interesting and it worked. Next time I will try on the grill instead of the broiler, I think it will bring out the flavors more, thanks for posting!!
I tossed thinly sliced marinated sirloin in the wok with veggies and the marinaide. Turned out delicious! YUM! Diabetic members of my family are thanking you!