Recipe by CrazyRedHead
My daughter makes these fabulous muffins every Christmas and Thanksgiving, by request. These are GREAT for breakfast on Christmas morning, to tide people over while waiting for the "big dinner" to get finished. And, they are sooooooo good fresh out of the oven when the cranberries are still warm. MMMMMM mmmmmm!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
orange crumble topping
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- CRANBERRY MUFFINS.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease and sugar a 12-cup muffin pan. (It's best not to use the muffin liners; just use a generous dose of non-cook spray or Crisco lard). Set aside.
- Prepare Orange Crumble Topping (see recipe below); set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add cranberries, stirring to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, milk, and sour cream. add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be lumpy; do not over mix.).
- Evenly divide batter among muffin cups (cups will be almost full). Evenly divide Orange Crumble Topping over top of batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a wooden pick is inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- ORANGE CRUMBLE TOPPING.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, orange zest, and cinnamon. Add melted butter, stirring until crumbly.