This is a recipe handed down thru the generations. Because it's an old recipe, ingredients are not exact... Grandma worked with a pinch of this and a bit of that...Serving sizes are approximate.
- Fill a medium sized casserole three - quarters full of peeled, cored, and sliced apples.
- Add the lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and nuts.
- Blend until mixture looks crumbly.
- Sprinkle on top of the apples. Do not stir.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about forty- five minutes.
- Turn oven to 450 degrees and allow it to brown quickly.
- It can be served hot or cold.
- If you like, you may pour cream on top.