1/1 Photo of Depression Era Apple Candy Pie
1 hr 5 mins
Connie C.'s Note:
This is a recipe handed down thru the generations. Because it's an old recipe, ingredients are not exact... Grandma worked with a pinch of this and a bit of that...Serving sizes are approximate.
My Private Note
1 casse ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a medium sized casserole three - quarters full of peeled, cored, and sliced apples.
- 2Add the lemon juice.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and nuts.
- 4Blend until mixture looks crumbly.
- 5Sprinkle on top of the apples. Do not stir.
- 6Bake in a 350 degree oven about forty- five minutes.
- 7Turn oven to 450 degrees and allow it to brown quickly.
- 8It can be served hot or cold.
- 9If you like, you may pour cream on top.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Depression Era Apple Candy Pie
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 33.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g