- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb rice
- 1 orange, zest of, only
- 3⁄4 lb raisins
- 1⁄2 lb prune
- 2 lbs brown sugar
- 1⁄4 fresh yeast cake (quarter pack dried)
- 1⁄2 orange (peeled and sliced)
- 2 quarts water (boiled and cooled)
- Cook then wash rice with cold water.
- Combine all ingredients in a large airtight jar.
- Set aside in cool dark place for 3 weeks.
- Strain and bottle.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I currently work as a secretary for a glaucoma practice. I love to cook and bake. I love things spicy , the hotter the better, but tend to have to dull things down for everyone else in the family