Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe has been in my family for years. I always make it for special occasions.
Make and share this Denver Chocolate Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a baking dish (about 9x9) well with butter.
- Sift together the first 4 ingredients.
- Melt the butter and 3 tablespoons cocoa in a double boiler, then add the flour mixture.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Pour mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Over the top scatter (without combining) the brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, and 4 T. cocoa.
- Pour the coffee on top, again without mixing.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let stand at room temp for at least an hour before serving.
This is identical to the Denver Chocolate Pudding on page 365 of the eleventh edition of The Fannie Farmer Cookbook, except FF says to cook it for 40 minutes, not 45.<br/><br/>That said, Denver pudding is one of the greatest desserts ever devised. It was my father's favorite to make, and our favorite to eat!
This is INCREDIBLE!!! I have made it 2 times now in the past 3 days. I found the recipe in a small, local NC cookbook & had to try since it looked so unusual. Only difference is we use 1 square of unsweetened chocolate instead of 3 TBS of cocoa in the batter but still do the 4 TBS of cocoa on top - the texture & the sauce are unbelievable - like a Moltan Lava Cake or something. Thanks for posting!