Self-Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 ounces butter or 4 ounces margarine
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (hot)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease 6 cup oven-proof dish.
- For the sauce mix together cocoa and brown sugar in a jug and pour in hot water and stir till sugar is dissolved.
- For the pudding sift flour, cocoa, instant coffee powder and salt together.
- Cream butter and sugar until light, gradually beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add a little flour, then some milk (alternate between the two keeping a soft consistency) finishing with the flour (don't worry if you don't use up all the milk.
- Spoon mixture into well greased oven dish and spread evenly. If using sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts.
- Spoon sauce over the pudding mixture till you have a layer of sauce then pour the rest over the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream and or ice cream and walnut halves if using.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap."
Join The Conversation
My goodness you have a lucky family Pat, to have enjoyed this recipe for so long. This was wonderful. It smothered the chocolate coffee craving that I was having perfectly. My picky dh was heard exclaiming muummmm mmummm. Is there anymore left? This recipe was quick and very easy to make. Truly a comfort dessert. So tender and gooey and very chocolately. Thanks so much for sharing this winner.
It didn't work for me, but it did for the rest of my family,my parents included. For me it was too sweet and too rich. That's becoz I don't care about chocolate much, but I can imagine for a chocolate lover how delicous this must be. Also had a little disaster, the pan was too small,overfloated, but I was able to replace it. I also know why it didn't work for me. I previously tried your lemon pudding and fell in love with it and this couldn't replace it.