Bailey's Creamy Chocolate Pudding
photo by CountryLady
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream (light or whipping)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 3 ounces chocolate
- Combine sugar & cornstarch in a heavy, medium saucepan.
- Add milk& whisk until dry ingredients are dissolved.
- Whisk in egg yolk & cream.
- Cook, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a full boil & thickens.
- Remove from heat & whisk in Bailey's.
- Add chocolate & whisk until melted& smooth.
- Pour pudding into ramekins or serving dishes.
- Let cool slightly & cover the tops with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- Refrigerate until chilled- a minimum of 2 hours.
- To serve, garnish with chocolate curls or cocoa powder or whipped cream or all three!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a lovely pudding. I doubled the recipe and it made 6 servings (we like large portions in my home) and I really liked the Baileys flavour which came through clearly despite the chocolate. In fact I almost didn't add the chocolate because it tasted so good just with the addition of the Baileys! Thank you for posting, I will be making this very often.
I'm a Bailey's lover, so I just had to try this recipe; I made it for a dinner party and copied your idea of serving it in little stem glasses: it looked beautiful topped with a little whipped cream, and it was gone in about 45 seconds! (:>) The only change I made was using skim milk because it was what I had in the fridge, but it still was delicious, and low-fat too! Thanks for this recipe!
Excellent! Wow - I don't really like pudding but have never made it from scratch before. I was attracted by the idea of having a choice of chocolate flavor and the Irish cream liqueur. I made the recipe as directed with bittersweet chocolate and subbed Emmet's Irish Cream because I was out of Bailey's. I was amazed at how easy and quick the recipe came together. Next time, I think I will double the recipe and put it in a baked pie shell. Thanks CountryLady, we really enjoyed your pudding.
see 12 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">