Can't get your family to eat mustard greens or spinach? Try this Pakistani version of it and you will be surprised at how quickly its gobbled away. Best served with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (29 ounce) can mustard greens, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can spinach, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste (or fresh chopped garlic)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste (or fresh chopped ginger)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream (add to taste and consistency)
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1heat up oil in pot and add onions. Fry till softened and translucent.
- 2Add the jalapano, ginger & garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and chili powder.
- 3Add the water and fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir well.
- 4Add the tomato and cook till softened, about a minute.
- 5Add the mustard greens, spinach, garam masala, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- 6Cook covered about 15 minutes on medium high heat till all the veggies release all their water.
- 7Uncover and dry of any liquid on high heat for about 5-8 minutes. The dryer the better. When done, turn off stove.
- 8In portions, blend the mixture till smooth. Add some of the heavy cream if needed to blend. Transfer back to pot.
- 9Mix in the heavy cream (per preference).
- 10Topping:. In a small fry pan, heat up the butter and add the chopped ginger. Fry the ginger till golden brown.
- 11Pour on top of the mustard spinach. Be careful it will sizzle and might pop.
- 12Serve hot with some fresh lime squeezed on top, delish!
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deliciously Creamed Mustard Greens With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.1
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 293.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: