Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Perfect party food! --- this is one of my all time favorite nacho recipes that I have made many times in the past, and I guarantee you will love this! --- all amounts may be adjusted to taste and double the recipe if desired but keep the garlic no more than 2 tablespoons, if you really want to go all out add in a can of drained black beans to the ground beef mixture! 1/2 pound Italian sausages with casings removed can be mixed with the ground beef if desired, to turn up the heat use a package of taco seasoning mix or spicy salsa and add in cayenne or dried chili flakes --- for the best flavor make certain to brown the meat well :)
- 453.59 g lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 29.58-44.37 ml chili powder (or can use 1 package mild or spicy taco seasoning mix)
- 354.88 ml pico de gallo
- 453.59 g jar salsa (mild or spicy)
- 354.88 ml grated cheddar cheese, divided
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- tortilla chips (use any amount desired)
- 236.59 ml sour cream (can use more)
- 3-4 green onions, chopped (can use more)
- 118.29 ml shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef with onions, garlic, jalapeno peppers, green bell pepper and chili powder; cook stirring until meat is no longer pink; drain all fat well, continue to cook until the meat is well browned (the beef must be well browned!).
- Add in refried beans, salsa; cook stirring until heated through.
- Add in 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese; stir until melted.
- Place the tortilla chips on a large serving platter.
- Top with ground beef mixture, then sprinkle the top of the HOT ground beef mixture with about 1-1/2 cups (or to taste) grated cheddar cheese.
- Top with sour cream, green onions, chopped tomatoes and sliced black olives.
- Serve hot or warm.