Recipe by gluten-free-me
Absolutely delicious and light! Tastes just like a regular pumpkin pie, but healthier! Serve with whipped cream or plain.
Top Review by Delicious as it Looks
I thought the flavor of the pumpkin pie was great and it had a nice creamy texture, but I did have a difficult time getting it out of the pie pan and serving it. I used ground cloves instead of nutmeg and that gave me the traditional pumpkin pie flavor I was after. I was a little confused about the butter - is it supposed to be melted or softened? I assumed softened, but after I started mixing it, I realized it would have been better to cream the butter and sugar together first, then add the pumpkin, yogurt, etc. to assure even mixing.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate egg whites from yolks.
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt to egg yolks and whisk.
- Mix egg yolks, vanilla, sugar, butter, pumpkin, spices, and yogurt.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not peaked and fold into the batter til smooth.
- Pour into 1 greased pie dish or cake pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.