Libby's Sensibly Delicious Pumpkin Pie
A healthier version of Libby's famous pumpkin pie recipe. I make this for my diet conscious friends and family members as a special treat during the holidays and they enjoy it immensely. Feel free to adjust the amount of Splenda to achieve your preferred sweetness.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk (regular, low fat or fat-free) or 1 2/3 cups cream
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry (4-cup volume)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
- Note: 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves; however, the taste will be slightly different.
- Note: For 2 shallow pies: substitute two 9-inch (2-cup volume) pie shells. Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until pies test done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This made a sweet addition to my thanksgiving table - I made my own crust with recipe#45268 and poured this into a 10in pie plate, which appeared to be the perfect amount - baked for the time specified. It wasn't quite as spicy as I'd have liked... I also used fat-free evaporated milk to reduce a few more calories and served with Cool Whip Free.Reply