Recipe by Dine & Dish
These are a delicious twist on the standard blueberry muffin. Yummy!! This recipe was sent to me from my friend Shanna who is baking muffins like crazy in her last trimeseter of pregnancy :)
Top Review by puh-leas-no-coconut:)
This is the best muffin recipe I have ever made. I agree with the other poster that said these would be good even without the topping. I made a couple of changes, nothing major though. Swapped the regular milk for buttermilk, added a tsp. of vanilla and used frozen blueberries (I heated and drained them before adding to mixture). Baked at 375 instead of 400, felt that was too hot for my oven. Awesome! I can't wait to try them again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup.
- Mix this with the flour mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.