Recipe by debbies dishes
I have been making this for 30 years. It is always included on my Oktoberfest menu. Goes great with my German fried cabbage and Kielbasa.
Top Review by gwynn
This was a very flavorsome dish. I fried some kielbasa in some bacon grease and put it in the potatoes in the end. It would be good with or without. Thanks for posting this lovely recipe.
- 6 potatoes, yukon gold, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in salted water until just tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In large skillet cook bacon that has been.
- cut into small pieces. When about halfway.
- done, add onion and saute until both are light brown.
- While this is cooking, combine sugar, vinegar, broth
- egg, mustard and salt & pepper and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into the skillet once your bacon and onions are done.
- Do not drain bacon grease.
- Simmer a few minutes until just thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add drained potatoes to skillet and Mix well.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve warm with Kielbasa and Cabbage.