Everybody who tries this chili loves it. The girls at work always like when I bring leftovers in! Everyone takes a copy of this recipe.
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- Mix together seasoning mix.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. (You will only use 3 tsp in this recipe - save the rest for next time!).
- In a skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add onion and 3 tsp of seasoning mix.
- In Crock-Pot, add tomatoes, tomato sauce, one can of beans and two more teaspoons of seasoning mix.
- Place the other can of beans in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add beans and meat to the crock pot.
- Stir together.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.