Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Creamy potato salad with the crunch of cucumbers. From a Farm Journal magazine from the mid-1960's.
Make and share this Danish Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- Combine first five ingredients; bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Beat the two eggs in a bowl.
- Slowly add 4 tablespoons of the the hot liquid, whisking all the while.
- Return to the pan and cook, stirring constantly until thick about 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly, stir in salad dressing.
- Combine vegetables and chopped eggs with dressing, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You may not need all the dressing.