Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mother taught me to make this recipe when I was a very young child. I was always interested in learning how to bake and cook from a very young age. This is in honour of my mother's passing in March 2000. Thank you Mor!
- 400 ml milk
- 50 g yeast cake or 1 package dry yeast
- 60 g butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 600 g flour
- 200 g butter
- 200 g brown sugar
- Stir the yeast into luke warm milk.
- Rub the butter into the flour and crumble it.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Combine the liquid into the flour and stir until the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough and flatten it out into a large pan.
- Let the dough rise 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Fill: Melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar.
- Drizzle over the risen dough.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven 20- 25 minutes.
This is the best cake ever. I grew up in Denmark and had this kind of cake for my birthday every year. Now living here in the US I get asked to make this cake very often.
Add 2 tbs of cardamom to the dough and it is superb!!!