Recipe by Peter J
Nice way to enjoy scallops. The use of flour with curry powder might sound unusual because of the natural thickening effect of the curry, but I find it gives a bit of bulk to the curry without making it too strong.
- 500 g scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup thickened cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wok over medium temperature and saute garlic, onion and capsicum a few minutes.
- Add scallops, season with pepper and sprinkle curry powder over the top, mix well and cook around one minute stirring to cover scallops with the curry powder.
- Reduce temperature a little, add cream, milk and wine and cook gently around 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook around 5 minutes more or until thickened.