Grilled Shrimps & Scallops
- Ready In:
- 12 large shrimp
- 20 large sea scallops
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 16 medium mushrooms, whole
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons honey, clover or 4 tablespoons orange liquid honey
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Pour 1/3 of marinade into bowl with seafood and chill in fridge for 2 hours.
- Marinate the vegetables in 1/4 of the reserved marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Thread the seafood and vegetables alternately on skewers.
- Baste the kebabs with the remaining reserved marinade frequently while grilling on bbq.
- This is wonderful served with a simple noodle dish, steamed rice or a green salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I consider myself a below average cook, so am always a little nervous when preparing meals for guests. This recipe was so simple and basic, but incredibly delicious. I followed the recipe exactly as written and it turned out fantastic. I was worried about how long the skewers should stay on the grill, but noticed the total cook time was 10 minutes, so went with 5 minutes on each side. (I used the large shrimp and scallops.) My grill temperature was fairly high and everything was done and beautifully browned. This will definitely be my go-to recipe when we have a need for a special meal.