Scallops & Shrimps Ceviche With Avocado Sauce
photo by Aris I.
- Ready In:
- 8 -10 large scallops (quartered)
- 8 -10 large shrimp (cut ~ same size as scallops)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lime juice, freshly squeezed (4-6 limes)
- 1⁄2 red onion, very thinly sliced salted, and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup avocado
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Slice red onion and salt generously, and let stand 15 minutes until it begins to release its liquid. ( this will removed some bitterness). Rinse well.
- Place shrimps, scallops, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, chili, and lime juice in a shallow bowl, gently mix, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Before serving, add cilantro, cucumber and tomato and a drizzle of olive oil, gently mix. Taste for salt.
- To make Avocado Sauce, blend the avocados, 1/3 cup cilantro, water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt & pepper, coriander, 1/8 cup lime juice and 2 garlic cloves in a blender until smooth, adding a bit more water if needed to get the blades going.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!