This dish is unusual but a great hit with my crew. The cukes give this dish a nice texture.
Make and share this Cucumber Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- Place a wok or heavy pan over high heat.
- When wok is hot, add 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- When oil is hot, add cucumbers and 1 tablespoon of the ginger and a couple of splashes of soy sauce.
- Stirfry until cucumbers are tender-crisp to the bite (about 3 minutes).
- Pour onto a platter and keep warm.
- Pour remaining 2 tablespoons oil into wok.
- When oil is hot, add garlic, remaining 1 tablespoon ginger, onions, and shrimp/chicken/pork; Stirfry until all are cooked through (about 3 minutes).
- Add a couple of slashes of soy sauce during the last minute of cooking.
- Serve over hot rice.
I love cucumbers and am thrilled to have a new recipe to use them -- it will come in handy when the garden yields come in. My only change was to add one minced red chili, and therefore reduced the pepper flakes to just a sprinkle.
Incredible. I used peanut oil instead of canola, added 1/2 a cup of peanuts, and instead of red pepper flakes, used 2 tsp of thai fire sauce. Wonderful. Never thought of using cukes in stir fry, but now I will. Oh, ,I used equal parts chicken and pork too. yummy. This would almost be good if you cooked the meat, then just added it to the remaining ingredients and chilled like a salad.
A very nice recipe to use when you are over-run with cucumbers (like I was this summer!). The cucumbers remind me of water chestnuts.