Recipe by Jo Anne
This is a easy and different way to use up those cucumbers from the garden. The horseradish and mustard add just the right amount of bite without being too spicy. Adapted from epicurious.com.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Loved this cucumber salad! It's definitely got more 'oomph' than the usual cucumber salads. I made this according to the recipe. I thought it was best after chilling for several hours. Thanx for posting this great salad!
- 2 English cucumbers (or burpless or seeded regular cukes)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or 2 T Splenda blend)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons drained bottled horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion, broken into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice cucumbers approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- Sprinkle sliced cucumbers with salt and let stand for 15 minutes; rinse, drain and pat dry.
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, mustard, horseradish and dill. Add to cucumbers along with the sliced onions. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.