Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Yes, the ingredients are correct. I got the recipe from a lady I sit with, and I cut down on the sugar the first time. It doesn't work. BTW, I use splenda and it works perfectly. Delicious.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 2 cups sugar or 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup onion
- 7 cups cucumbers
- 1 cup green pepper
- I mix all the ingredients, minus the cuke, onion and green pepper and allow it to sit a while.
- I will stir it several times before adding the vegies.
- This last time, I threw in some cherry tomatoes and they worked fine too.
- The two hours is just"sitting" time so the flavors meld.
This is a great recipe. Great for potlucks or picnics. Very tasty. Since I have a lot of cucumbers right now this will be a side dish around here until they run out. Thanks for the recipe. :)