Recipe by Rita~
This is a REFRESHING, tangy Salad--low in fat. If you want it creamy and not so low in fat, just add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Be sure to slice the cucumbers and onions very very thin! Serve as salad or top open faced sandwiches with it!
Top Review by mystere2e
This is a classic Polish recipe. However... You are leaving out the MOST IMPORTANT STEP!! After the cucumbers are sliced you MUST get as much water out of them as possible! You can do this by laying the cukes out on a plate with another plate pressed on top of it. Leave that in the fridge for at least one hour. If you don't do this your salad will be watery and yucky!!
- 2 cucumbers, very thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream or 2 tablespoons yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste (I like a lot of pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill