Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This recipe is a perfect blend of "comfort tastes" paired with just the right bit of crunchiness. The Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning mix provides an accent in three separate layers of the dish. You'll find that the flavors blend very well, hearty enough for the hungry appetite and appealing to children as well. Using only one mixing bowl, one skillet, and one casserole dish makes for easy preparation and clean up is a snap! Crunchy Valley Chicken stores well and makes excellent left overs, too.
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix (split use)
- 5 tablespoons salted butter (split use)
- 3⁄4 cup celery
- 3⁄4 cup white onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 8" or 9" square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Thinly slice celery and coarsely chop onion. In 12" skillet, melt 3 T butter and sauté 2 minutes. Pour into medium sized mixing bowl. In the same skillet, heat olive oil; add chicken breasts cut into ¾” cubes and 1 tablespoon of seasoning mix. Stir well and sauté just until chicken is no longer pink. Pour into mixing bowl with vegetables. Reserve 1 teaspoon of seasoning mix for the topping. Add remaining mix to bowl along with the next 7 ingredients. Stir gently to combine well. Pour chicken mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In the same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in Panko bread crumbs, sliced almonds and the 1 teaspoon of reserved seasoning mix. Toss just until well coated. Sprinkle topping on chicken filling mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Makes four generous, delicious servings.
Delicious! Very moist and juicy, with lots of flavor. The flavor of the cranberries really pop, and I love the crunch of the almonds! My whole family loved it-- and it was easy for me to put together after work for everyone. A huge plus!
Easy to prepare, yet the flavors are rich and intricate. Loved the 3 layers of Hidden Valley Ranch spices! Great for an easy meal, to take to the office, or hosting guests.
Just found our next "go to" casserole for my family. Even my two very picky eaters loved it and that's a real compliment because they are very hard to please. The Hidden Valley Ranch adds the most wonderful flavor to this unusal casserole. Loved the crunch of the water chestnuts and the hint of sweetness with the dried cranberries. Very easy to prepare.