Recipe by Lakerdog2
Recipe by Vivian Levine, winner Quick and Easy Bake-Off. This sald is SO yummy! Cool, fresh and crunchy. One of my favorites.
Top Review by VegJen
This is a delicious change of pace from the usual cucumber recipes! I didn't have mexicorn or green onions, so i omitted those and used frozen corn. I also added a splash of lime juice.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 -inch cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn whole kernel corn, with Red and Green Peppers, drained
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 3 -4 cups corn chips
- sour cream, if desired
- green onion, thinly sliced, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine cucumbers, 3 green onions, beans, corn, olives and salsa; toss to mix.
- Arrange about 1/2 to 2/3 cup corn chips on each individual serving plate.
- Top each with about 1 1/4 cups cucumber mixture.
- Top each salad with sour cream and additional sliced green onions. Serve immediately.