1/1 Photo of Crostini With Mushrooms, Prosciutto, and Bleu Cheese
susie cooks's Note:
This is a great appetizer! Everyone loves these!I am always asked for the recipe. It will definitely be a hit at your next party. The topping can be made a day ahead. This is from Bon Appetit 2002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb fresh shiitake mushroom, stemmed, caps chopped
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped thinly sliced prosciutto (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 18 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inches thick, diagonally sliced)
- chopped parsley
- 1Melt butter in a heavy large skillet over medium high hear. Add all mushrooms and garlic and sauteed until mushrooms are cooked through and brown, about 10 minutes.
- 2Add cream and boil until liquid is completely absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat. Add bleu cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- 4Mix in proscuitto. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl. (Mushroom topping can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. If you make this the day before make sure to bring the topping mixture to room temperature so it is easy to work with.).
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet. Bake until just golden, about 5 minutes.
- 6Mound 1 generous tablespoon mushroom topping on each slice of bread. Return to oven and bake until heated through, about 6 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crostini With Mushrooms, Prosciutto, and Bleu Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.9
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 1377.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: