Pear-Walnut Salad With Artisan Bleu Cheese
photo by The Food Gays
- Ready In:
- 6 cups assorted greens
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced (any variety, read intro)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup artisan blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey (soften the honey if necessary to make it easier to whisk) or 2 tablespoons agave nectar (soften the honey if necessary to make it easier to whisk)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a salad bowl, lightly toss the greens with the pears.
- In a small non-reactive bowl, combine the honey and lemon juice. Whisk with the salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the the greens and pears and toss <<gently>>.
- Arrange the salad on six individual salad plates.
- Garnish with the walnuts and bleu cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!