Blue Cheese Crescent Spirals
I am always on the look-out for finger food for our many appetizer parties. This recipe came about from my love of Bleu Cheese and my desire to have a nibble that was easy to eat at a standing room only party. Add or reduce cream cheese to bleu cheese ratio to suit your tastes.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk, as needed
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 20 pecan halves
- Process pecans in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add cheeses and process until very smooth. Add the milk, if necessary to blend smoothly.
- (Can prepare ahead to this point and then place in a covered dish and refrigerate until ready to proceed.).
- Unroll dough into 4 long rectangles.
- Firmly press diagonal perforations to seal.
- Spread the cream cheese/bleu cheese/nut mixture on each rectangle.
- Starting at the shortest side, roll up each rectangle, press and seal.
- Cut each of the 4 rolls into 5 slices forming 20 slices.
- Place cut side down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press one pecan half on each slice.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Tasted great - unfortunately, I spaced the rolls too far apart & they spread out, next time I'll put them touching each other; took a reviewers advice & used dental floss instead of thread to cut rolls - worked perfectly. You didn't post an oven temp, so I cooked them @ 350 for 15 min. - should I have baked them at a higher temp?
wow, how yummy and pretty!!! i made these up ahead of time for thanksgiving and used the string method to cut them (too cool!!). after i made them, i froze them and then placed in a large ziplock until thanksgiving day. was a tasty and extremely easy recipe to put together!! i made the recipe exactly but added lots of cracked black pepper, a touch of minced red onions and used the crescent dough sheets to make it even easier. thanks again, this is a keeper!!!