Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
My hairdresser shared this recipe with me. I love it served over egg noodles, but my mom prefers it over rice. Either way, it's super yummy! I often use chicken tenders in this recipe, but my hairdresser uses skinless, boneless thighs.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 3⁄4 ounces Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) carton whole mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Put chicken in crockpot and sprinkle with dressing mix and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Lightly brush off the dirt from the mushrooms with a damp paper towel, and slice off the tough ends.
- Place mushrooms in the crockpot with the chicken and cover.
- Melt 2 tbs of butter in sauce pan; saute onion and garlic until onions are clear.
- Add soup, cream cheese, and broth.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add to crockpot, stir together to combine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for another hour.
Four of us really liked this recipe! Easy to do and also tastes great the next day if there are any leftovers. Thanks for posting!
I lightened this up a bit by using low fat cream cheese and skipped the first 2 T of butter. I used chicken tenders (frozen in the bag) and threw the whole bag in frozen so 4 hours was just rght. My husband liked it over noodles I put mine over pureed cauliflower and kept it low in carbs. This was delicious my only complaint is it makes a lot and next time I will cut the recipe in 1/2 because there are only two of us - we have been eating it all week.
Loved, Loved, Loved it! So comforting!