Crock Pot Veal Stew With Vodka
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add onions and cook until softened.
- Add celery seed, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add vodka and cook for 2 minutes, then add beef broth, juice and Worcestershire and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens.
- Place veal cubes and lemon peel in slow cooker, then pour sauce over meat.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours, until veal is tender.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.