10 hrs 20 mins
This veal stew is easy to make, and absolutely delicious. Substitute regular onion for green onions, if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 bunch green onion, white part only, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice (or V8 juice)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs stewing veal, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 piece lemon, rind of, about 2 or 3 inches long
- 1Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add onions and cook until softened.
- 2Add celery seed, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3Sprinkle flour over mixture and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 4Add vodka and cook for 2 minutes, then add beef broth, juice and Worcestershire and bring to a boil.
- 5Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens.
- 6Place veal cubes and lemon peel in slow cooker, then pour sauce over meat.
- 7Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours, until veal is tender.
- 8Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Veal Stew With Vodka
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 694.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of